Editors' Notes - Messages with tag "FAQ"

  • Archive

    «   February 2018   »
    M T W T F S S
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28        

Is UL certification required to sell LED lightng in USA?

The bsest answer to this frequent question.

Jeff Walters via LinkedIn

UL is not needed to sell to utilities in the USA. I have been designing and selling to this market since 1985. UL is not written into any IOU (investor owned utility) specs. Conformance to ANSI C136 standards is required.

UL or ETL or CSA is needed to sell to retail, commercial or industrial market. Needed in the DOT market. Helpful in the municipal streetlight market

UL products are not required for insurance companies to process claims. Nor does the use of UL listed products protect against liability.

UL is a private company. Its use is not required by and Federal, state or local laws.