STMicroelectronics Raises Reliability and Efficiency for Ultra-Compact LED Lamps
Feb 23, 2011 The first in a new family of mains-operated LED lamp drivers from STMicroelectronics will enable designers to deliver more reliable and efficient LED retrofit lamps featuring primary-side current regulation. The new HVLED805 integrates an 800V avalanche-rugged MOSFET, achieved using ST’s high-voltage integration process, which offers greater reliability.
Major features of HVLED805:
• 800V avalanche-rated MOSFET power switch
• 5%-accurate constant-current regulation
• Quasi-resonant operation
• High-voltage startup circuitry
• Open- or short-circuit LED string management
• Automatic self supply
• Input voltage feed-forward for mains-independent constant-current regulation
The HVLED805 is in mass production now in the SO-16N narrow package, priced at $0.70 in quantities of 10,000. Alternative pricing options are available for larger quantities.
Author: BIO T&T
Reviews forum #FORUM# is not exist
Submit Product ReviewDownload Review Form
Chroma-Q™ Launched Three New LED Luminaires