NXP Announces GreenChip Solution for Non-Dimmable LED Retrofit Lamps
Mar 2, 2011 NXP Semiconductors N.V. announced the SSL21081, a highly efficient, high-voltage LED driver IC for compact, non-dimmable retrofit lamps based on GreenChip technology. The SSL21081 platform makes it easy for LED retrofit lamp manufacturers to design cost-effective applications for the 100V, 110V and 120V markets with up to 95 percent efficiency, underscoring NXP’s commitment to smarter energy-efficient lighting solutions.
The SSL21081’s high integration level, including a 300V internal switching MOSFET, provides a low component count, using only 14 components in a complete application, and reduces the cost of LED lamps for the end user. With the SSL21081, low-cost applications benefit from advanced features such as better than 5% LED current accuracy and a full range of protections, including LED over-temperature protection. Engineering samples of the SSL21081 will become available in mid-2011 at US $1.70 per piece.
• NXP SSL21081 is a highly efficient, high-voltage LED driver IC
• Designed for compact LED retrofit lamps for the 100V, 110V and 120V markets
• Reference PCB for the SSL21081 is a highly compact 18 mm x 22 mm
• Operates in a buck or buck / boost mode, with all required circuitry in an 8-pin SO package
• Enables power conversion efficiency above 95 percent, depending on the application
• True current source behavior – better than 5 percent output current accuracy
• Dimming is possible using direct Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
• Protection features include easy external temperature feedback, as well as under-voltage lockout, leading-edge blanking, over-current protection, brownout protection and more
Author: BIO T&T
Reviews forum #FORUM# is not exist
Submit Product ReviewDownload Review Form
Chroma-Q™ Launched Three New LED Luminaires