Semtech Delivers Industry’s First Smart Current Sink LED Backlighting Platform
Nov 24, 2010 Semtech Corp.has announced the industry’s first smart current sink LED backlighting platform with on-chip digital lighting effects for high-end handheld displays - SC667 and SC668. This new platform incorporates Semtech’s patent-pending, smart Automatic Dropout Prevention (ADP) technology.
The SC668 provides eight current sinks, while the SC667 features seven current sinks plus an interrupt request indicator signal to tell the host processor when an ambient light threshold has been crossed. Both devices include an on-chip digital lighting-effects engine to control LED fade-in/fade-out, breathe, blink, auto-dim full, and auto-dim partial; an I2C interface to program and control the LEDs; and four programmable, 200mA low-noise LDO regulators to manage the power for multiple embedded peripherals.
• Patent-pending Automatic Dropout Protection (ADP) technology
• On-chip digital lighting effects (fade, breathe, blink) without changing firmware
• Ambient light sensing option can automatically adjust backlight brightness
• Low parts-count: only one low-voltage capacitor needed, no inductor required
• I2C programming interface (fast and standard modes)
• ±0.5% (typ) LED current matching , ±1.5% (typ) LED current accuracy
• Four low-noise LDO regulators
• Ultra-small, low-profile 20-pad MLPQ package with exposed thermal pad: 3 x 3 x 0.6mm
• Cell Phone: LCD Display, Keyboard/Keypad Backlight
• Digital Camera: LCD Display & Backlight, Keyboard/Keypad Backlight
• MP3 Player: LCD Display & Backlight
Pricing and Availability
The SC667 and SC668 are available immediately in production quantities and are priced at $1.15 for the SC667 and $1.29 for the SC668 each in 3,000-piece lots.
Author: BIO T&T
Reviews forum #FORUM# is not exist
Submit Product ReviewDownload Review Form
Chroma-Q™ Launched Three New LED Luminaires